American Legion Post 39
HONOR GUARD INFORMATION
The Honor Guard performs services for members, veterans and the community.
At the Family's request, for post members who have passed away, the Honor Guard will provide a Casket Guard during the visitation; and will also fold and present the Flag to the Family, and play Taps at the cemetery or at a requested site.
On a case-by-case basis, and depending on personnel availability and approval by Honor Guard members, the Honor Guard will fold (if necessary) and present the Flag, and play Taps.
The Honor Guard participates in a number of scheduled community events during the year.
1. Memorial Day: In association with the North St. Paul VFW Post 1350, the Honor Guard assists with programs at St. Mary's Cemetery, Lakeview Cemetery, and Evergreen Cemetery. The Honor Guard also assists with other Memorial Day events as time and personnel allow.
2. Veteran's Day: The Honor Guard will normally post and retire the Colors of our Country in Veteran's Day events at schools and nursing homes, as time and personnel allow.
3. Parades: The Honor Guard provides a Color Guard to lead parades, as time and personnel allow.
4. 4th District, Minnesota American Legion: When chosen as the 4th District Honor Guard, the Honor Guard posts and retires the Colors for 4th District events, including the Midwinter conference and the District Convention.
5. Other Community Events: Upon request and subject to availability, the Honor Guard will post and retire the Colors at various community events. These events include the Oakdale/Lake Elmo Prayer Breakfast; grand openings; and governmental functions such as award ceremonies, etc.
For more information about the Honor Guard, or to request their services, contact American Legion Post 39 at 651-777-3708.